Wednesday, August 27, 2014

So far, so good!

I'm proud of myself. I'm really sticking with it. I've been so good on this diet!  I made these honey bourbon cupcakes for my dad's birthday on Friday... I did have a few more tastes of the frosting than I should have (it was amazing...) but I only had half a cupcake for dessert, and more importantly, I got up the next day and didn't beat myself up for "cheating" and get frustrated and decide it's just too hard and I'll just stay fat, at least I'll be happy eating all the yummy crap I want. I knew I was going to eat half a cupcake, it was a once-a-week planned cheat, which is what Bob Harper recommends in his skinny rules book.

I have been cooking every meal. I do not trust myself to go out to eat. Too much temptation. But, two nights ago, I didn't have a choice. I got a late start preparing dinner (it was already close to 7) when I realized the salmon had to marinate for at least two hours... oops! We had a coupon for the nearby Mexican restaurant (our favorite) so off we went. Now if you patronize Mexican restaurants, you know that 50% of the draw is the chips and salsa. I loooooove their chips and salsa. I knew they would be taunting me... I had maybe five or six chips with salsa. I pushed my rice to the side of my plate and only ate my grilled chicken and veggies. Win!

I feel so much healthier. It's getting confusing though... I feel like my body doesn't accurately represent me at all anymore and it makes me so self conscious and awkward. I am really looking forward to my outside matching who I am in my mind...

Someday!

Never giving up,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment