Thursday, August 21, 2014

I can RUN?

Who knew I could run? !  I haven't moved at a speed higher than semi-brisk walk in... so many years. Yes, muh boobies flop all over, and I'm sure my jiggly butt isn't exactly landing me a spot in SI swimsuit edition... but I'm running! Ok, full disclosure, I'm also walking a lot in between short bursts of running, but just in this past week I'm seeing improvement. Tonight, my six year old daughter and I laced up our running shoes after dinner. It was dusk, which is great for running, I've decided. There's enough light to see, but I don't feel like I'm making a spectacle of myself if any neighbors happen to look outside. Plus, it's waaaaay cooler than, say, noon, in the blazing sun!

The past four days I haven't consumed more than 1100 calories a day! I'm eating so many fruits and veggies that I'm staying full all day on the amount of calories I could normally put away in minutes.

I did struggle a bit today. I forgot to take my chicken breasts out of the freezer for my salad, so I had some reheated cabbage for lunch. It was not good. I didn't even finish it. Which meant that by the time I went grocery shopping an hour or so later I was pretty damn hungry again. That little voice was telling me to go to McDonald's, to go out for Mexican, to go anywhere and eat anything unhealthy! I shushed that bastard, and got some salad fixings, fruit, and grilled chicken breast from the salad bar at the grocery store. I went home and used that to make a delicious spinach salad! Win!

Oh... I don't think this technically counts as a cheat but I'm gonna mention it... my husband asked me to make him some coffee when he got home. I added the pumpkin spice creamer and a splash of honey whiskey... It smelled too damn good, so I had a couple of small sips. Maybe thirty or forty calories in all. But I haven't had any sugar, really, this whole week, so it felt a bit traitorous.

Well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow if my hard work and sacrifice has paid off! I am so pumped to weigh in!  The first of many weekly weigh-ins. I have no doubt it will be good news. The first week is always an easy loss.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment